Friday, October 31, 2008

the sun is setting

on an old chapter and now begins another. There is a change coming that is both BIG and small at once. I got my own place and will be moving out of the apartment that Mike and I set up together. We are still together so it's not that much will change between us (at least not the good things, I hope) but it is certainly an adult decision about taking care of our personal beings and giving ourselves the space to make things work.

In some moments I am ecstatic. Ready for the new adventure, ready to run and to sit on the beach to watch sunsets such as the one here. And then there are the moments that I cringe at the thought of change. There are the moments that I still want to believe that this is somehow someone's fault. In my heart, I know that this is just life. There is no fault at play. Truly, this is an opportunity to reclaim the self and be more whole.

The picture above is from a Google search of "Hermosa Beach". I relate to it I guess. A darkness in the foreground and yet a bright shining sun on the horizon.

No comments: