Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 1-Now what exactly am I doing?

I just drank 32 oz of lukewarm water with 2 tsp's of sea salt dissolved in it. In about 3-5 minutes.

"wait a minute, what" you say?

uh oh, hold on. I think the maddness is starting. Ooh and only 14 minutes after I drank it.

Okay, I am back. That wasn't so bad but I am sure there is more where that came from. Oh dude, that would be so much funnier if you had also just drank a liter of friggin' salt water....but I digress.
In case you haven't figured it out by now, I am on day one of a 15 (perhaps 21) day master cleanse. Yes, this is the lemonade fast that some people rave about and others think is a joke. I have decided that I would figure out for myself.

I tried to do this a few years back and couldn't even get through day one. I don't think my body was responding well at all to the high sugar content of the maple syrup. But I feel like I am in a pretty different state these days and it just felt right.

Here is a list of my intentions for this cleanse:

-cleanse for the season change
-really take the time to flush out the bad crud stuck in my system (emotionally and otherwise)
-reprogram how I am eating (I believe that I have convinced myself that "cake" is one of the four major food groups)
-exert the personal discipline to do this
-slim down a little (in regards to this one, I know that some people really look down on those who do this to lost weight but I have to be honest that I am a bit beyond my comfort zone weight wise and therefore the side effect of this cleanse of weight loss does motivate me a bit. I realize that I will likely gain back at least some of the weight I lose which is fine. Mainly, what I see as restructuring my food preferences is the main reward and will balance out my health/weight.

Here are some of my fears:

-I know this is really a mind game so I am afraid of giving up and then getting down on myself. I am trying to look at it in a sense of "just do it, do not give yourself the option of failling". That usually gets me through things when I don't want to do them but I feel really firm right now about doing this for at least 4 days. I hear days 1-3 are the hardest.
-I have a performance on Monday and I am worried I will be having a low day but if I am "typical" most people say day 4 (which would be Monday) is one of the best days.
-I worry that this is the wrong type of cleanse for my body. As I have never reacted to sugar well (even though I am severly addicted to it) I hope that this cleanse won't just make current conditions worse.

Okay, now we've got fear and intentions out of the way. I am sure I will have more to write later. I've planned an easy day with a trip to Santa Monica in there. Going to get my dress for the Gala on Monday and also pick up a book on the cleanse that Eran highly recc. So for now, I will wait out the rest of this salt water flush and then get ready to go.

I drank the chocolate smooth move tea last night (steeped for 10 min) and I am happy to report that I had no cramps. Unlike now with the salt water. It worked quite well too as I had an elimination right after I woke up.

*Warning-if you can't take "poo talk" don't read this blog*

Okay, just had the second "water from ass" of the morning.

Anyway, I feel good about this and I will be working towards the goal of 15-21 days of this routine (6-12 cups/day of the lemon mixture, salt water flushes and senna tea).

Later,
Juni

No comments: