Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Is this what heaven looks like?

I woke up early (5am) to do the salt water cleanse and a bit to my dismay, I found that I was still eliminating well past 6:30a. The ride to work was touch and go for a second there but I made it and no major damage has been done...So far today has been the best day I have had yet. My energy is more balanced and I feel quite good. I made a big batch of lemonade while I waited for the SWF to take effect but I haven't had any yet. This seems to be the growing challenge for me, actually taking in the calories...The unfortunate outcome of this is the tortuous google image search I just did "cookies and cupcakes"....Man, I am such a sugar addict.

The rest of the evening last night went okay. I was able to take a few minutes to meditate and I think that was just what I needed. Will follow up tonight with more meditation. I focused my gratitude on having the opportunity to be good to my body and spirit. A major motivator for this cleanse was to get more in touch with my spirituality and yet I wasn't taking enough time to allow myself to go there. Yesterday was hard mostly because I was fighting this whole thing. I was bitter that I couldn't eat and felt tired. Once I embraced the cleansing that was taking place, a lot lifted. The early morning has certainly made me miss the pep of coffee but I know that I will get through it.

Was talking with my friend Jen and found out that she is vegan. This was a great revelation in that I might actually not have to feel guilty trying to talk people into eating at M Cafe de Chaya or Real Food Daily-----two of my favorite macrobiotic joints. Also found out that a female author I love who wrote "the hip chick's guide to macrobiotics" is teaching a few classes in Santa Monica on Macro cooking and theory. Jen also told me about some great sounding classes through "sporkies"---I think that is what it is called, a vegan sister duo. Lots of cool stuff.
I have kept my evening clear tonight to have some quiet time to meditate and marinate on some of the things I would like to direct myself towards once this cleanse is over. I don't know how I feel about going raw but I would certainly like to get much more living food in. Thinking about trying to omit my beloved red meat and perhaps chicken too. When I lived up at Heartwood, (massage school in Humboldt) I ate vegetarian with wild salmon once every two weeks and looked and felt great. I worry a lot with raw, vegan or macro diets about getting enough satisfying protein in but as many people before me have pointed out, we are a little protein paranoid as a society. It's easier to get it in than we think. But I do enjoy a nice steak once in a while.....

No comments: