Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 5-nothing special to report

So I keep waiting for this feeling of euphoria and high energy that everyone is talking about but I don't really have it. I have had bouts of "giddyness" but no real high energy thing. May not be getting enough lemonade in... Am averaging about 6-7 servings which is about all I can take. Now that I am back to work I am going to try and up the number and see if I feel better. I do notice that my tongue seems to be losing a bit of the white coating already. That is probably a good sign. There isn't much coming out the other end either. I just can't imagine that I would be almost through cleansing my intestines.

I was steadily losing about a pound a day but oddly enough today I gained some weight. Our scale is a bit weird sometimes but I am not too concerned. I feel a little bloated.

Today was my first day back at work and I think I am experiencing a bit of an emotional low. It's kind of hard to be at work when you feel off. I'm seem to be having cravings today that I thought had went away. I've had almost four lemonades so far but I am really missing food and am just generally "dumpy".

The gala was interesting last night. The songs went pretty well and I ended up singing an a cappella version of the national anthem as well. I was worried I was going to blank on some lyrics but things went off without a hitch. The food looked really good but Mike sweetly told me that it wasn't great at all. He ate about four rolls which usually means that the main course isn't tickling his fancy. He has been really great during this thing. :) It was slightly awkward telling the servers that I wasn't eating. One of them actually noticed my lemonade mixture and said,
"oh, you are doing a cleanse! Got it".
I asked her if she had ever done it and she said no but that friends had. When I told her I was looking to go 15-20 days both her and Mike said, "WHAT!?". We may have to ease him into that one. But who knows if I will make it that long. I think I could but unless I start to feel better soon, I don't know that I will really want to do it that long. The one benefit that I really enjoyed last night was being able to smell the food without wanting to eat it. Peter Glickman talks about being able to do that with foods that he knows aren't good for him. He says he kind of looks at them like "scratch and sniff" stickers. But to do that would be pretty awesome. I find that my sense of smell and my sense of discipline are right next to each other often egging one another to do something stupid.

I skipped the salt water flush today because I didn't want to have to deal at work. I might try and get up early tomorrow to do it but I am not sure. It's a bit of trek from my office to the restroom, I don't know how much I want to deal with that. It was bad enough without it.

Okay, I am going to post a new tongue picture later on today.

1 comment:

Mr. Alchemystic said...

dude.
you will make it. emotional lows are weird, it's like an ecstasy hangover. but it passes. i'd recommend doing the salt water flush every day. i had one solid shit the first day and then only water until day 5, then started having "flakes" of solids coming out. yum. just plan to get up early, i know you can, and finish it before you go to work. you should have a sense by now of the elapsed time between drinking the flush and eliminating, just plan for that. i did it every day. and sometimes, you give yourself a little anal massage in the shower and what do you know, aftershock! but hey, it's all liquid and you're in the damn shower, just squat. is that gross? even still, i was afraid of the massage performed by my bike seat on the way to work every day, turned out to be fine, no accidents. i wouldn't recommend planning to continue eliminations at work, that's just...not necessary.

i imagine your general reduction of toxin intake and your steadily healthy diet would result in low toxins anyway, i am not surprised that your tongue is beginning to clear, but there is no fucking way you've got all the solids out of your intestine. drink laxative tea, do the salt water flush, and don't skimp on the cayenne.

how's the sugar levels in the 'nade? too sweet? too sugary? i would recommend you drink more than 6 or 7. you need these key ingredients to help you through the day and to facilitate the cleansing. the lemon and the cayenne are key to stripping your intestinal walls.

it's amazing how your sense of smell becomes more acute, isn't it? i experienced that when i was really hungry, or rather, had a strong craving, that smells alone would satiate me. i think i was so resolved mentally in that i was not eating, that my body and mind knew no food would come anyway, and i would be satisfied by rich aromas. i never actually felt hungry for 12 days--maybe on the first day and the last day a bit, just from anticipation--but the cravings are wicked. like glickman said in the book, if you think you're so hungry, so hungry for something specific, try imagining eating something different and you'll see you don't have a taste for it. cravings vs actual hunger. i think the maple syrup is really what filled me up, about 12 oz a day.

anyway, keep it up. hearing you and talking about my cleanse kind of makes me miss it. am i going to start again? hell no. well, not right now. i'm sure sometime in the next year i will go there, i'll let you know.

call me.