Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 4-The Gala

Today is day 4. I was supposed to go to work today but felt crappy, literally. I had been awoken in the night to find that I really, really had to poop. It's an odd feeling when you urgently have to go but then have little to show for it in "post poop investigations"....

I do feel that the hunger has substantially subsided. Yesterday, Mike and I went on a little hike out in Venice/Marina Del Rey area and although the walk itself was great, everytime we passed an area that smelled of food I thought I was going to attack someone. Just tried to remember that it was supposed to be the worst day as far as cravings are concerned and if I could get through just that day, things would likely be easier tomorrow. This has proven to be the case as I had to kind of force myself to drink some of the lemonade today. It has helped me feel more alert though.

The unflattering photo on the right is of my tongue. I would like to do this cleanse until the growing white coating on my tongue turns to a healthy pink. I guess some people brush their teeth only with water while cleansing but I am not down with that. It may throw off things but I have had to stick to my regular routine of toothpaste brushing. I have noticed that the white coat is thickening though. Thought the best way to chronicle the experience would be to put up daily tongue photos. Might put up a few from the gala as well.

Speaking of the Gala....it's tonight. I'm a little nervous as my energy is definitely altered. I haven't yet experienced the heightened energy that a lot of people speak of on this cleanse. It is my hope that tomorrow will show some of that. I might skip the salt water flush tomorrow too and switch to the tea in the am/pm for the workweek. Even though the flush is certainly getting easier to get down, I am finding that the eliminations are taking longer to set in. Making the SWF experience take about 2 hours or longer to be complete. I got the whole quart down in one drink today. I am finding that if I count the gulps, it makes it easier. The cramping is also less but then when you gotta go, you better be close to the bathroom or else. I don't know that I want to have to deal with that at work. Also to be considered is that we have bathrooms that seem constantly occupied and Mike told me this morning that my "eliminations" were really dreadful in the smell department. We got a good laugh out of the gargantuan stink coming out of my tushie but I felt bad for him. But oh yeah, back to the discussion of energ----uh oh, gotta eliminate---okay, I'm back. So energy...well, I feel much more spacey yet peaceful. I have thought about trying to increase my lemonade but after 7 servings I am pretty much done. I think the fact that I have been having my first serving well after 11am probably makes it harder. I bet when I get to work I will drink more and we will see how my energy is then. Even still, feeling "fine" is way different than how I am used to feeling. I don't have that same grounded feeling but I am trying to embrace this. I notice that my disposition is more patient and loving. Thought I might be more irritable but I don't think so. Also noted that during our walk yesterday, I did not have any muscle fatigue. It was good to get a little exercise. What I am working on today is getting my songs in order for the gala and trying to allow food smells to be a pleasant experience but not one that invokes hunger. Peter Glickman said in his book that when he smells food that he wants to eat but that isn't healthy for him, he kind of thinks of it as a scratch and sniff sticker. I would love to be able to do that. Okey-doke, I am going to go rehearse now.

No comments: