Sunday, October 19, 2008

Days 2 and 3

Most of day one went quite well. A lot of the fears I had about the sugar not working for me subsided as I felt perfectly fine. I had plenty of energy and really was not hungry. I certainly got cravings but as I read in Peter Glickman's book, I realized that my cravings were linked to that undigested food moving through my system. Thoughts of ethiopian food constantly taunted me.
The evening ended with quite a headache that the book says is due to a caffeine habit. It lasted into the second day but is gone now.

Onto day 2:
Mike worked today as well so I had the apartment to myself to do my salt water cleanse and read close to the bathroom...I had several eliminations but they were mainly watery with some mucous in them. Kind of gross but not so bad. I weighed myself in the morning before the salt water and had lost exactly one pound. Getting the salt water down was awful like the first day but I did it in about 4 minutes.

A bit more tired today, I layed around a lot reading the Peter Glickman book and taking it easy. I had made plans a few weeks back to meet some friends for lunch in Long Beach that I didn't want to flake out on so those were my only solid plans for the weekend. I made a thirty oz batch of the lemonade (3 servings) and headed to Long Beach with Monique and Jeff. I was a bit spacey so I am glad that we were all able to car pool. Margaret, Max, Jacob, Rudy and Benito all showed up and I was so grateful for the laughter that ensued. It was hard to not eat but probably not as bad as it could have been. I definitely think I have put a clear boundary for myself that I am not going to break this cleanse for at least 10 days. I'd really like to do the full 20 the more I think about it. Everything in my research seems to say that the most spiritual aspects of the cleanse happen after 10 days. These are certainly motivators in my decision to take on this challenge. By the time we got back on the road, I was sooooo hungry. I had finished all the lemonade I had brought and just wanted to devour anything and everything. I kept getting this intense craving for some crusty french bread....oh man, just writing that sounds sooooo good right now. I could go off on an orgiastic list of what I think I want to eat right now but I will spare you the delicious details.

Perhaps the hardest part of yesterday was having to go to the grocery store to get more lemons when I was soooo hungry. I had to really get in and out of there quickly. However, the bright side of all of this was that once I did have the lemonade, I felt much better. Had my Chocolate Smooth move tea and went to bed. I had steeped the tea a bit longer than normal on accident (I lost track of time) and it gave me some cramps in the middle of the night. I even had to get up twice to make little and somewhat unfulfilling poops in the wee hours.

Day 3:
My stomach was still cramping this morning but I am having eliminations with a lot of mucous. In case you can't tell, this is a good thing. ;) No headache at all but a little bit of achiness and a thicker white coating on my tongue. I definitely seem to be on track as far as today being the most intense detox day. I've also felt more cold than normal (supposedly a result of my metabolism slowing down). Mike has the day off today so I think we may go on a hike. I want to be in a natural and peaceful setting and feel the sun. I need to get some lemonade in me cuz I can tell I am hungry. Oh yeah, also lost exactly one pound again this morning. Feeling pretty good so far. Tomorrow will present the new challenge of doing this while working....I think I am going to allow myself to buy non-organic lemons because I am not using any of the peel. Tried to get all organic stuff but I read that it doesn't matter if the lemons are organic if you are squeezing them as opposed to putting them through a juicer. Okay, off to have my lemonade brunch!

No comments: