Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sing

There are some cool opportunities on the horizon that I am really excited about musically. I performed this weekend at our monthly big band gig and Tommy took pictures of the show. He wasn't happy with most of them but I think this is one of the first I've seen of me singing that I didn't totally cringe at. I also got to shoot his dj gig on Friday and got some shots I really like. Want to really explore this photography thing more. When I get the money, I think my next big investment will likely be a good camera. It's just such a cool and instantly gratifying experience. We're gonna try and do a cool music photo shoot soon for a website I'd like to make. Should be fun, I've got some ideas and I'm excited to use good lighting and props n'stuff.

We'll see how all these things go. There may be a chance I can start singing with a well respected drummer who has a lot of talent arranging music as well. Yes!

In other news, I think I have finally passed through this recent battle with my mind. There was a lot of anxiety coursing through me lately and I am so grateful to feel a sense of calm again.

Going to go watch Jeff run in the LA marathon on Monday which should be awesome. The plan is to sleep at Tommy's the night before to skip the traffic and then ride my bike to the starting line. I think it will be a really fun day.

1 comment:

Nita June said...

oh how exciting about singing honey! I remember you had a beauteous voice.. Looking forward to seeing you soon in Santa Monica! Huge HUgs, Nits