Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stories

I joined a writing group recently. An addition to the Thursday lunch meeting I have every week to work on budding screenplays and variety shows and whatevery other silliness is tickling our fancy. This new writing group is more about life experiences and specifically experiences within recovery. Should be an interesting adventure. Been writing snippets of songs lately too. Guess there is a lot banging around this little brain.

Although most things I am working on are non-fictional, I feel a pang to have more stories in my life. Take this blog for instance, I want to get back to writing about actions and adventures as opposed to thoughts and feelings. With a bank account such as mine, I do find that I am often too lazy to get creative and do things that don't cost money. This weekend should be good though. Tommy is dj'ing an event on Friday, I will be doing a tableread on Saturday and then Sunday is the Big Band Gig. I'm excited because my brother and Jessica will be there along with Tommy and some other friends. I'd like to plan out some hiking and other outdoor activities. If I had all the money in the world at my disposal, I'd really love to go somewhere. Somewhere far, far away.

No comments: