Monday, May 4, 2009

attempt

If you want to love me, there's a few things you should know,
I may project an image that isn't always so

You may see a woman grounded, sensual and full of song
but to think that I am only that will drive your journey wrong.

So in this poem, I will undress and show you what's below
I'm learning how to face myself so f it, here we go:

I like to get my sleep and put lotions on my skin.
I do believe there is a god but sometimes act in sin.
I'm picky about the food I eat and occasionally think I'm fat,
but know deep down I'm pretty fly despite what LA says I lack.

I'm loyal to a fault and will sometimes need too much.
I like kisses on my bum and a pretty dick to suck.

Sometimes I'll cry when father's leave on movie screens above me
cuz despite all that I have learned, my heart still questions why he left if he really loved me.
I will over-intellectualize and mine your heart for gold.
I have been known to hang on too long to something that's grown cold.

I watch trashy shit on tv cuz I think it clears my mind, and fight the urge to make you into a man I can define.

But if you're looking for a human with a tender heart to touch,
I'm willing to work hard without giving you Too Much.
I'll fight the good fight side by side and kiss you when you're down and appreciate if you laugh at my jokes when I'm acting quite the clown.
Cuz when I'm not thinking oh-so-much I see the lighter side and maybe bring perspective to the darkness where you hide.

I'll try to hear you when you speak to that which your heart needs,
and find the strength to walk away when
Alone
you want to bleed

I am looking for a love that our society's forgotten.
I'm done with satin fantasies, this grown-up girl wants cotton!
So we can breathe the lifeblood air that makes our world alive and want not need a partnership that looks me in the eye.

Enhance me,
don't Entrance me
and I'll do the same for you
so we can find our Oneness
without ceasing to be Two.

No comments: