Thursday, June 4, 2009

checking in

it's actually really hard to not spend money frivolously, did you know that?
Well for me it is.

I did a bit of a financial overview of my expenses and revealed that which I have known for a while. I spend way too much money on shit that I shouldn't and frankly don't need to. But I get something out of it. Maybe the mere transaction of trading paper and metal for a good or service just gets my goat. It's mysterious but I can't seem to shake it. I packed a bunch of lunches for myself but since I don't have a stovetop or oven, most of the food I am bringing is raw. This is fine and probably beneficial but it has a shorter shelf life. It makes me wonder how much I actually save. I know it is significant though. I can spend like the best of them.

Wonder how I would spend if I had all the money to do whatever I wanted? Well, I would love to have a personal trainer/chef or use one of those super expensive food delivery services that customized an ideal nutritional plan for me. I also would immediately buy a really f'ing good camera and just start taking pictures constantly. Traveling, that would certainly happen in the very near future. Would want to go somewhere tropical for a while, just to get things in order. Then I think I'd hit up Europe for a while and eventually hit Japan. Maybe I need to invent something that will blow up and I can take a year or two off.

As for today, I am at work. Drinking the free coffee.

No comments: