Wednesday, April 29, 2009

adjustments and not knowing


There are times I think I know myself well. There are people in my life who have told me that I do. And for the most part, I think I handle this maze called life fairly consciously. However, in the last day or so I have been able to go deeper and see certain things that I was not fully aware of. An arrogance, a selfishness and catastrophic "doomsday" mentality that has not served me well...


As if you couldn't tell, it's been somewhat of an uncomfortable time lately. There have been adjustments that I have made that weren't of my choosing and certain decisions I've made that were in the wrong. I'm not used to having to admit I am wrong. To face my imperfections. Yet recent times have shown me that the universe thought it was time to re-teach me the value of humility. Ouchiepoo. But it's good, it's right and I am going to grow in the moments I stop fighting certain not-so-cute truths about myself.


So my plan is this: get quiet, listen to the wisdom of others, know I know so little and stand behind my promises. This life is truly a gift. Although I much prefer the ups, I can find nourishment in this current down. Reconnect with my dreams, face my demons and just continue this growing up process. I trust in the way of the world and know that perfection lies in every moment. Discomfort is okay. And for the love of God, I have a whole heckofalot to learn.

No comments: