Thursday, February 5, 2009

family

My dad is coming to visit tomorrow. After a hopefully short VO gig in Silverlake, I will pick him and Lek up at LAX. My brother and I decided that we need to quarantine the family for the evening at his little apartment in Monterey Park.

Not seeing my father for years at a time creates a gap of comfort. We all need to get used to each other again and unfortunately, one weekend is usually not sufficient to accomplish such a task. We will not dismiss the attempt though and I look forward to seeing my father's face. It always feels like too long in between visits and I find myself staring at the new lines on his face as I am sure he does mine.

The last time I saw him was about two years ago and I remember being a little startled at how much he had aged. The sun of Thailand had not treated his reluctant to wear sunscreen choices well and his hair was almost all white. I was not in the best place personally so I am glad to be able to see him again in such a great state of mind and body. For reasons unbeknownst to me, all is going so splendidly right now.

It's raining outside and the weatherman says that this will continue through the weekend. Kind of bummed that my dad won't get sunny California but he gets so much sun in Thailand, he probably won't mind. Mr. S is going to come hang with the fam on Saturday. Should be a great day of food, family and laughter. I'm excited for everyone to meet.

Looks like another great weekend is on the horizon!

No comments: