Tuesday, February 17, 2009

this type love

I believe that it is the most simple of gestures that reach my most romantic of emotions. Fresh cut fruit in the morning next to a cup of tea from my honey will always tickle my fancy more than a diamond.

Friday was a busy day for both me and my valentine. Mr. S had a dinner party and I had band practice. I recruited the team to help accompany my silly song of new love. By the time I reached the home of Mr. S, it was already past midnight. Valentine's day had begun. His cooking had gone off without a hitch and he was so happy that I was finally there. Awkwardly, I told him that I had written him a song for this special day and that I was getting more and more nervous about playing it for him. It was undoubtedly me, quirky and cheesy. If he didn't vibe with it, this whole endeavor may be headed for doom. But after many giggles, and all my weird delays, we ran into the cold to fetch the cd from my car. I played it and he laughed and told me he fucking loved it, that I am amazing and that it was by all means the best gift ever. Just the response I was looking for. ;)

Even though I was incredibly tired when I arrived, the energy of our connection kept us up for hours. We talked, shared laughter and poetry and dove deeper into whatever this is that we are feeling. Giggles were plentiful and there are likely more lines on both of our faces from the perma-grins we've been sporting.

The rest of the weekend was beautiful as well. We did a couple's yoga workshop and ate some great food. Plenty of incredible sleep too.

Then yesterday I had the honor of giving my sister, Wendy a cake. There was a room full of strong and amazing women to tell this lovely being how proud we all are of her faith, hope and courage.

Such a lucky lady I am!


lyrics-this type love-shihan

I want a love likeMe thinking of youThinking of me thinking of you type loveOr me telling my friends more than I’ve ever admitted to myself About how I feel about you type loveOr hating how jealous you areBut loving how much you want me all to yourself type loveOr see how your first name just sound so good next to my last nameAnd shit I wanted to see how far I could get without calling youAnd I barely made it out of my garageSee, I want a love that makes me wait until she falls asleepAnd wonder if she’s dreaming about us being in love type loveOr who loves the other moreOr what she’s doing this exact momentOr slow dancing in the middle of our apartment to the music of our heartsClosing my eyes and imagining how a love so goodCould hurt so much when she’s not there And shit I love not knowing where this love is headed type loveAnd check this, I want to place those little post-it notesAll around the house so she never forgets how much I love her type loveAnd not have enough ink in my pen to write all there is to love about her type loveAnd hope I make her feel as good as she makes me feelAnd I want to deal with my friends making fun of meThe way I made fun of them when they went through the same kind of love type loveOnly difference is, this is one of those real love type lovesAnd just like in high schoolI want to spend hours on the phone not saying shitAnd then fall asleep and then wake up with her right next to meAnd smell her all up in my covers type loveI want to try counting the ways I love herAnd lose count in the middle just so I have to start all over againAnd I want to celebrate one of those one month anniversaries Even though they ain’t really anniversariesBut doing it just ‘cause it make her happy type loveAnd, check this, I want to fall in love with the melody the phone playsWhen none of us dialed into it type loveAnd talk to you until I lose my breatheShe leaves me breathless But with the expanding of my lungs I inhale all of her back into meI want a love that makes me need to change my cell phone calling planTo something allows me to talk to her longer‘cause in all honesty, I want to avoid one of them high cell phone bill type lovesAnd I want a love that makes me regret how small my hands areI mean the lines on my palms don’t give me enough timeTo love you as long as I’d like to type loveAnd I want a love that makes me st-st-st-st-stutter Just thinking about how strong this love is type loveAnd I want a love that makes me want to cut off all my hairWell, maybe not all of the hairMaybe like I cut the split ends and trim my moustacheBut it would still be a symbol of how strong my love for herAnd check this, I kind of feel comfortable nowSo I even be fantasizing about walking out on a green lightJust dying to get hit by a carJust so I could lose my memoryGet transported to some third world country just to get treatedThen somehow meet up again with you so I can fall in love with youIn a different language and see if it still feels the same type loveI want a love that’s as unexplainable as she isBut I’m married, so she’s gonna be the one I share this love with

No comments: