Tuesday, February 10, 2009

and the laughing goes on and on


So it was a great weekend...Again.
The time with my dad was quite incredible actually. I don't know that I have seen him so expressive and affectionate since I was a kid. We talked about many things and I was happy to report that I cannot remember being so happy with my life. Sure, I am still dirt poor but I have the things I need. I do not go without. And everyone laughed and ate and drank and talked. All the "significant others" were there too and we are truly a family. I brought Mr. S as I mentioned in the last post and everyone loved him. The girls giggled at his cuteness and the men seemed to respect and approve. In my dad's state of hammeredness he did at one point offer to take Mr. S outside to beat the shit out of him but this was after he also offerred to break my nose. Then there was the moment where Mr. S and I both thought that my father was surely going to pass out and crush someone while in a particularly in-depth conversation about cooking. Overall, I think that everyone should get through this with plenty of therapy....
Sunday was filled with more family from the other side. We went to Anne's house and had a splendid meal and great conversation with Deb and Ron. Laughter was abundant yet again and I stuffed myself to the gils. I enjoyed the dynamic and looked across the table at Mr. S with admiration as he talked of dogs and food and nature. He's dreamy....:)
Thinking it was the least I could do, I sang "Summertime" for Anne and she graciously complimented me on what she deemed "my gift". It always means so much to me to sing for people who really seem to appreciate it.
On the ride home, the wind blew cold and we smiled at each other like we always do and I held his warm hand in mine. I slept well that night and felt happy.

No comments: