Thursday, March 12, 2009

daylight savings

This last weekend we lost an hour of time but gained an hour of daylight. Totally cut off from the news of the world, I was holed up in a lovewarehouse painting and cooking and loving my honey up. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that I realized that this change had occurred. Think I've made it through the lost hour of sleep and can now be grateful that it is still sunny at 6pm.

It's been a weird couple of weeks. Rocky at times inside of my head. There were some weird stresses and I finally broke down and had a few good little cries. But I guess I forgot that life is a bit of a roller coaster from time to time. There has been a lot going on. Adjustments, people dealing with health issues, painful dealings with HMO providers, surprising tax debt and work drama. Thankfully, I have found solace in exercise and it has been a great help to my sometimes prone to worry mind. Yesterday, was probably the peak of my feelings of stress and I sweat it all out and remembered that there is no point in trying to control that which I have no control over.

When I really take a step back and look at the grand scheme of things, I know I have it good. There are wonderful friends in my life as well as a kick-ass dude by my side. I'm proud to say that I feel I am in the healthiest, most balanced relationship that I've had to date. It's an odd adjustment to not feel that I have lost my life to someone else. There is still plenty of time to do my own things and when we are togetherthere is an awesome fusion of creativity and chemistry. My honey is yummy.

So thank f'ing goodness I feel like a sane person again. Really thought I was losing it for a second there. Perhaps that is one of the most beautiful qualities of life, the downs existing to illuminate the ups.

No comments: