Tuesday, August 4, 2009

sefeeya


it's a slow day at work and I find myself running the gamut of emotions for no particular reason. Had a long talk with my dad last night on Skype about this and that-it was an honest talk and it was meaningful and equally supportive. I then sat in front of the little garden that T and I planted this weekend and talked a bit with him on the phone before putting myself to bed. I was awoken by a loud siren, the police were on their way somewhere and in a mighty hurry. When I glanced at the clock, I was happy that it was only a bit past 2am. Then, a few hours later I got a text from my boss that I didn't have to go pick him up at the airport. More relief.
I got to work this morning and felt unusually pleasant and chatty. High point number 1. Then I went back and forth with the usual suspects in an email thread about making a made-for-tv movie about a situation in Brittain where a philandering man had his penis super glued to his belly by a scorned wife, two lovers and one of the women's sisters. Somehow I managed to reach Low Point number 1 when I felt offended by something someone said in the emails. I guess I realized at that point that today was going to be a weird day.
Went on a work errand and enjoyed the cool of the car A/C and felt quiet. Then I got really weepy, but like lovestruck weepy. I had to choke back tears all through my lunch break while reading an article in some women's magazine. I'm a weirdo. And now I am sleepy.

1 comment:

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

oh my...keep the superglue away from the jujubee...LOL